About Me

Monday, July 23, 2012

Let's Cook: Thai Stir-Fry Chicken with Cashew Nuts

While hubby and I were in Thailand, this Thai Stir-Fried Chicken with Cashew Nuts was one of our favorite dish. There was even a group of European tourists who order this same dish almost everyday! :)

So one time, while thinking of dishes to cook for my family at home, I decided to try my hand at this. Please bear with me since this is my first try at blogging about food (ahhhm food that I've cooked actually). I'm not much of a good cook. Since cooking for me is a very hard task. Baking though I love, but cooking... I have a few reservations. So it was a nice experience for me when this dish turned out as yummy as the one we ordered at Thailand! Yes! Success! hehe.. 

So I am sharing this recipe with you. Hope you like it...



Ingredients: 
  • Chicken Thigh, cut into bite sized pieces
  • 1/3 cup fried cashew nuts
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • dried  chilies, chopped (you can omit this if you don't want a spicy dish)
  • 2tbsp red and green bell pepper
  • 1/2 cup chicharo ( they're not in the original recipe I just added these since i have them inside my ref.. hehe)
  • 1/2 cup water chestnut (or singkamas) cubed
  • 1/4 cup spring onions (nah.. i just used a few or omit them too if you like)
  • 1/2 cup All-purpose Flour
  • 1 onion, cut into quarters
  • 2 tbsp vegetable oil (I used olive oil :)
  • 1 tbsp tomato sauce
  • 2 tbsp oyster sauce
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
Procedure:
  1. Coat the chicken pieces in all-purpose flour and add a little salt. Stir-fry and set aside.
  2. Saute garlic and onion, then add water chestnuts, bell peppers, chicharo and earlier stir fried chicken. Stir fry for a minute careful not to overcook the veggies. add the chilis, cashew nuts and spring onions.
  3. Add the wet ingredients (tomato sauce, oyster sauce, soy sauce) and stir fry. Season with sugar and salt.
Voila! thats it. really easy huh?  Let me know how your dish turned out okay? Enjoy! 

2 comments:

  1. This looks delish! I must try! And so easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes it is dearie! let me know how it turns out. thanks for dropping by :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...