About Me

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Dont you quit

I'm so happy to have found this poem again in the net. Its one of my favorites...and aptly relevant to how I'm feeling now. I'd like to share it with you since most of us don't always feel our best and most might be beset with problems galore. Sigh.  But then, as I read this poem I am reminded that life is a roller coaster ride with obstacles and loops on the way. It is how we deal with this loops in our life that make or break the person within. I wish I could say that in everything I attack it with a positive attitude but then, sometimes pessimism touches me more often than I would have wished.. Before I wander into other things, here is the poem. I hope the credits are correct as I found it in the net.


DON'T QUIT 
by Ralph Acosta
Rotary Project
Its when things seem worst that you musn't quit..

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,


And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit-
Rest if you must, but don't you quit. 

Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a fellow turns about
When he might have won had he stuck it out.
Don't give up though the pace seems slow -
You may succeed with another blow. 

Often the goal is nearer than
It seems to a faint and faltering man;
Often the struggler has given up
Whe he might have captured the victor's cup;
And he learned too late when the night came down,
How close he was to the golden crown. 

 

Success is failure turned inside out -
The silver tint in the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It might be near when it seems afar;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit -
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...